Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hello Tu kaun jahan se aayee

A big smile on my face, today. It turns a bit apologetic as I write this post. No, I'm not apologising this time for being absent here for so long. I'm apologising for not writing. I mean, writing just for the sake of writing. And nothing else. No particular purpose or aim. For myself. I've done it in the past. More often than not. This blog is a witness to that. But I tend to get lost. That isn't new to me either. I'm a drifter. But once in a while I drift back to the source. This is one such moment, I guess when I'm not writing to meet deadlines or to communicate with the world about this and that. This one, like few of my earlier blog posts; is without rhyme or reason.

The world has changed since I last wrote. Which was I don't know when. Probably last year sometime. Just checked. Last published post was July 2015. Whoa! Indeed a long time ago. Bloggers don't do that. But then, I'm not your usual blogger. As I've said so many times, already. My gratitude to all 24 of you who are here with me (following my blog). I mean what's there to even stop by here. Just a few ramblings...perhaps. Or perhaps you just forgot to delete me from your list. Anyway, makes me glad to see you all here !I like company. Even when I'm alone.

The early morning sounds of rustling trees and chirping birds mixed with distant chatter of people going about their business makes me feel at ease; I focus on my work better. It makes me feel life is happening. Pin drop silence isn't for me. At times,  I add to all that background noise by playing my favourite songs on my Ipod or Youtube.

Umm, by the way, do excuse my for this little bit of bragging; my seventh book came out last December. Isn't that absolutely delightful! Well, it is to me.  :) The book's a collection of short stories, titled, THAT WOMAN YOU SEE. The 9 stories in the book have been inspired by the new - age Indian woman who speaks her mind and can go to any length to express herself even at the cost of appearing odd, rebellious or unconventional. Sounds familiar? It's available on Flipkart and Amazon. Also as an e - book. #JustSaying. Who knows? Today maybe my lucky day and you, er, many  of you may be into short stories. No harm done. Isn't it!? You see, hope never dies. Every writer, when they market their own books are hopeful, in fact quite optimistic, that someone out there will love what they've written. I'm no different. :)

Okay, enough of book talk. Now let's drift to other things. Actually, this post is getting longer and I'm suddenly reminded of ten thousand things I need to attend to. Also, I recall having promised you all to keep my posts short. So probably, more later. Yes, this time I'll come back sooner. No promises but I give you my word. Anyway, does it even matter? You have so many things vying for your attention...and who reads a vague blog post such as this one.  And yet I hope you do. :) On that hopeful note I say - Laters baby! Reminds you of something naughty? No. Well then you've not read E.L James. ;D

Keep smiling!

S


No comments:

Post a Comment